Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Be Frugal with ID Tag Gifts *Works for me Wednesday*



This Works for me Wednesday is the Frugal Edition, so I wanted to share a fun idea to do with your significant other to celebrate an anniversary, Valentine's Day, or another holiday without spending money: Create pet ID tags to use as key chains.

A couple of years ago, my husband and I had a date night ALONE on New Year's. We thought of this out of the blue and silly idea to go to Wal-Mart and make pet ID tags for each of us to use as key chains. We inscribed the same wording on each of ours but chose different tags. Our key chains read:

" Chris and Lisa
Always and Forever
New Years 2007"

Everytime I see either of them my heart smiles because I am so grateful for our relationship and it is enjoyable to look back on that night. It was extremely inexpensive but a fun idea! You can inscribe whatever sentiment fits your occasion.


It gives extra satisfaction as the tag falls down the dispenser when it's finished. It feels like your own little work of art that you were able to engrave and create in seconds...using ANY words you desire!

For other Works for me Wednesday ideas click here.

13 comments:

Wifeof1Momof4 said...

Neat idea!

Kirsty said...

What a sweet idea! Thanks! I bet kids would love to do something like this for a special occasion too :)

Niki Jolene said...

I haven't thought about this in awhile but I totally made one of those heart tags with me and my bf's names back in high school.

:)

Anonymous said...

What a CUTE idea!!

Dorey said...

Such a CUTE idea. =)

Courtney said...

very cute idea!

annies home said...

great idea i am thinking about all those showers

Jennifer said...

What a super cute idea!! =)

Diane said...

Love , love , love this idea so much thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!

Bahama Shores Mama said...

My tween daughter loves these! I should consider them as a great gift or party favor. Thanks for the idea.

Jane said...

I haven't seen this before. We don't have a local walmart (hard to belive right?) so, when I visit my mom I will have to do this!

Jane said...

I haven't seen this before. We don't have a local walmart (hard to belive right?) so, when I visit my mom I will have to do this!

Anonymous said...

you are so funny for posting this. i do think its cute that you guys did this and still keep them close by. ;)