Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Out of the Box Flower Arrangements

Put on your florist apron and prepare to create an arrangement that looks like it came just from the flower shop! It is not your usual arrangement, BUT that makes it all the better. :) The drawback of this project is price, it's not a budget craft. It is perfect for a party though! I made this for a table centerpiece to use at a party. It is so simple that I just had to share with you all! (Come back tomorrow for pictures of the party!!...you won't want to miss the looks of this very cool party!)

Supplies needed:
Kitchen shears
round flower foam
50 carnations (yep, 50!!!)


First wet the foam globe thoroughly.

Then pat on a package of the flower preservative powder over the whole globe.


Cut the stems off of the carnations leaving about an inch left.

Gently stick each carnation into the foam globe around the entire circumference. Next line the circumference again but this time do it crosswise.

Now just finish filling in the four gaps with flowers until it's complete!

There you go! Isn't it adorable? :) Don't forget to see the rest of the table HERE.

This is a Works for me Wednesday post, for other ideas that may work for you click here!


This is also posted on The Lettered Cottage.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

That is the most gorgeous arrangement I've ever seen! How pretty!

caveman said...

That is the #1, coolest arrangement I have ever seen. The person who gets to keep it on their table is lucky indeed. ;)

mub said...

This is really lovely. I think carnations are near the top of my favorite flower list!

Susan said...

That's so pretty, and I think even flower-challenged me could do it! Thanks for sharing such a neat idea.

Simply Sara said...

Seriously- the coolest and prettiest arrangement I've ever seen!

Thanks for the step-by-step. I'm a little flower-challenged and if I just saw the end result I would have never attempted it, but now I'm thinking that will be the centerpiece for our next party!
:)

Jerralea said...

Totally beautiful! I would have never thought of it.

Courtney said...

wow that is very pretty! i will have to use this tip in the future.

Dorey said...

How have I not seen this? Sooo cute. =) I saw a really beautiful wedding the other day and the little flower girls had small round bouquets that were very similar, seriously so cute. =)

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Visiting for The Country Fair, so Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Kat said...

Gorgeous arrangement. Of course pink is my all time favorite color so you had me there. I have not quite mastered the art of flower arrangement yet. I work at it but most of mine end up a little funny looking:)

Thanks for sharing this great idea with us!

Kat

Näna said...

Wow this is beautiful!
And original too! Mom, has often told me how creative your decorating is, and now I see she is correct!
Nana